Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Free meat!

Apparently the Australians have a fine tradition of raffling off meat platters to patrons in the pubs. Why do Australians hold meat lotteries in bars, you ask? I have no idea whatsoever. All I know is that Australians love their meat. And I think we can all agree that it's an awesome tradition.

I just happened to be down at the Kirribilli Hotel (aka pub) watching Monday Night Football tonight when, along with my pint, I received these:


And then, several minutes later, over the PA system I heard the magic words, "Green 49." I lept to my feet and shouted, "I want meat!"

I was immediately cautioned by a nearby Aussie, "I wouldn't say that in an Australian pub, mate."

"I'm sorry," I replied, "This is my first meat raffle."

And she's a beauty, eh?


1 comment:

  1. Good rule of thumb... don't shout "I want meat!" at any pub... hahaha

    ReplyDelete