We had some showers yesterday morning, and after a sunny midday we had a full-on thunderstorm in the late afternoon. It's sunny right now (noon local time) but intermittent showers are forecast today and for the next four days, so the whining has begun again. The Sydney Morning Herald has the full weather story, complete with the hilarious headline, "Whatever you do, don't look up."
Again, to give you some perspective, the high is 74F today, the low is 65F, and it's mostly sunny. In (the equivalent of) May.
Yesterday evening, I walked down the street in the rain to pick up a pizza. People miserably trudging along huddled under umbrellas were astonished to see me merrily walking down the street in a ballcap, a light rain jacket, and shorts. I wanted to grab them by the collar and say, "I lived in Seattle, man! We didn't see the sky for months! We once had over five inches of rain in one day! One day!!"
OK, no more posts about the weather for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment