Friday, December 9, 2011

I come from the future


According to United Airlines, the flying distance from San Francisco to Sydney is 7,432 miles. More relevant for me, the flying time was about 14 hours. But it felt more like 14 days. It was the longest flight of my life to-date, and it gave new meaning to my understanding of the term “jet lag.” I am exhausted. I am fighting right now just to stay awake until sundown only so I don’t make matters worse for myself.

Despite the huge distance, Sydney and the US West Coast have only a six-hour time difference. How so? Sydney is actually 18 hours ahead. I left San Francisco on the evening of Wednesday, December 7 and arrived the next morning … on Friday, December 9. I completely forfeited Thursday, December 8. I’m curious, how was it? Please leave me a comment and let me know.

The consolation to all this is that I am now – as far as you are concerned – living in the future. For you, it’s tomorrow where I am. So free feel to call or email if you would like to know what tomorrow is like. We can probably make a ton of money betting on sports and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. i was making puppets and never went outside. -mel

    ReplyDelete